52 weeks: Introduction

51/365

52 WEEKS of WORDS

We live in a world full of unhappy people. A world full of people who, sometimes out of curiosity, sometimes out of desperation, look constantly for quick fixes and easy ways out of the daily struggles that tend to define our lives. They also search for meaning, purpose and self-actualization. They try to discover themselves and their true purpose on this planet. They seek to know themselves, to make themselves happier.

And there's no shame in that. None at all. We all want to improve ourselves in whatever ways we can, but more often than not, they're well intentioned, but for whatever reason, they fall short.

My problem is that I set too lofty of goals. I set these grand plans, make these brilliant resolutions and ideas and overhauls of my life. I get pumped up, focused on the energy, and for a few days, it really works. But soon time sets in, and eventually the energy fizzles out, as it is apt to do. Suddenly that goal you wanted to accomplish EVERY DAY shifts to Once a Week, and then Every few Months, and then fizzles out of existence. Bye bye goals.

So this time, I'm doing two things. I am planning on defining every week on a quality that I find important to myself. Call it a mantra, of sorts, all bundled up in a single group of letters. A single word, yet it can change the way we see our world. Every week, I am choosing a specific word, and a specific goal to complete each week. The goals won't be extreme - most will be complete within a few hours of dedicated work. But they will be a simple, do-able challenge that I can boost myself up on every single week.

And, my friends, I am planning on sharing it with you. Feel free to follow along. I'd love to create a movement of simple goals set in to simple words. I hope you'll join me in this adventure. I'll be starting the first of my 52 weeks tomorrow, on Monday. I hope you'll join in the fun!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How interesting!

Post a Comment