
GRATITUDE
"Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer. And let faith be the bridge you build to overcome evil and welcome good." --Maya Angelou
Gratitude is something that I firmly believe is magic. It's amazing how many things suddenly begin to appear when we set all our baggage, burdens and thoughts aside and send a big "Thank you" card to the Universe. Suddenly the things you were worrying about pale in comparison to the things you've been given.
Gratitude cuts through all the crap and makes us realize that we've been given far more than we ever thought of. It's a breath of fresh, delicious air in a world that revolves around us feeling like raisins - dried up, dying and in need of this or that to fix it (yes, friends, this is how capitalism works). In fact, if you're a heartless, penny-pinching maniac who doesn't do all this 'warm and fuzzy' crap, gratitude will, in the very least, help you save a couple of dollars. I'm sure most of you are a bit more optimistic than that person, and I can guarantee you that gratitude will work magic in your lives, too.
THIS WEEK, TRY THIS
Every morning, write down 5 things
you're thankful for in your life. As you write them, picture in your
mind why you're thankful for them, and then officially thank the
Universe for giving them to you. Practice this as many times a day as
you want. I recommend doing this when you wake up, and when you go to
bed – beginning and ending your days with gratitude.
3 comments:
Hi Melissa.
This was a gr8 post. Off late I have been very interested in the workings of the universe, the law of attraction and psychic powers.I am so glad, I found a blog that caters to my current obsession! You got a follower! :-)
That's so fantastic! I'm glad you're joining in - I'm really finding working through these to be a ton of fun, even to write!
I have nominated you for The Liebster blog award.
Its a nice way to meet new bloggers and your audience.
To know more, please see here-> hopeandsugar.blogspot.in/2012/11/here-comes-liebster-blog-award.html
Post a Comment