5 Ways to Be a Bit More Awesome




 I find the approach of summer to be one of the most awesome times of the year. I also find that as the heat starts to press in, the more I crave little tips and shortcuts to make life easier (mostly so I can get in the car and to the beach quicker). Here are five things that I've found make my day way more awesome:

Apple Cider Vinegar
In high school, I used to suffer from really, really bad heartburn. One day I decided to try a capful of apple cider vinegar (I heard it made your hair super soft – I have no clue if it does or not...). After taking it for about a week – my heartburn all but disappeared. Now every time I feel a bad day coming on, I sip down a capful of vinegar and it's gone in no time.

Use a pillowcase to dry your hair
Seriously – towels are one of the worst things you can use to dry your hair. The hair gets caught in the little loopies and breaks and frizzes. Take a pillowcase and put it over your hair, then squeeze and dab the crap out of it. Dry hair without as much frizz, nicer curls, and you can keep that towel a bit drier. As a bonus - you can use it as a bag to carry all your stuff to and from the beach in.

I don't usually suggest products, but seriously – this one changed my life. These things fit in to any standard size coffee cup, and let the tea move freely in the cup (which makes it taste 10 times better). As a bonus – no yucky, wasteful tea bags to throw out. Mother Earth will be proud.

Lipstick as blush
Yep. It works, and it works well. I don't normally need any blush – thank you, German roots, but when I do, just a dab of my favourite lipstick on my cheeks works wonders. You'll never need to buy blush ever again.

Learn a language for free
Wow – does that ever sound like one of those stupid, spammy sidebar ads – but I kid you not. This website right here is amazing (I'm currently working on my francais). It's really, really effective (you can even practice your skills by helping translate articles, when you're not doing lessons) – and the video-game-style points system makes it about 12 times more fun to do. Seriously – give it a try and we can speak German together.


***Please note that I haven't been paid by anyone to mention any of these things - I just love them that much. As well:  I'm not a doctor or anything. These are strictly nodes of wisdom from my own personal experience - so try them if you want, or don't. Your choices, babes***

No comments:

Post a Comment