Learning for Free
Have you heard of MOOCs? (mass open online courses)
After leaving University two years ago, although I certainly do not miss the stress of the University system, I do miss learning as efficiently and effectively as I did when I was in school. But being where I live - oftentimes furthur education is impossible to find.
Enter the MOOC. A MOOC is an online course - usually University level or higher, offered for free! That's right - free knowledge! How awesome is that?
At the moment, I'm taking a design course - Design: Creation of Artifacts in our Society, run by Karl Ulrich of the University of Pennsylvania. It's amazing! And there's a HUGE list of courses avaliable - just check out this website for a TON of different courses.
Here are a few more that interest me (and consequently, I have signed up for) - check them out!
- Art: Concepts and Techniques
- Latin American Culture
-Fantasy and Science Fiction: The Human Mind, Our Modern World
- Online Games: Literature, New Media and Narrative
Would you consider ever taking a MOOC? Have you ever taken one? Are you signed up for any of the ones I'm in? Let me know! I want to hear about your experiences (and/or excitement!)
EDIT (May 9th): Oh, I forgot to add - if you want to check out my process blog - I'm designing a sketchbook/tool for creatives. It's kind of fascinating - give it a peek here, if you'd like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Holy crap! This is amazing! There are a couple that I'm now strongly considering taking.... Thanks!
Post a Comment